People make the resolution to lose weight every year without actually following through. This is because we impose a highly restrictive diet on ourselves, which at the end of the day might prove too difficult to follow. If we are to observe from a statistical point of view, it is no surprise that obesity is on the rise during the era of processed food. The truth people fail to notice is that processed food is high in calories, contains little nutrients, and increases the chances of many diseases. As much as people shy away from fat, it is expedient to know that a certain level of fat is needed and favorable to human health. Specific fat bomb diet increases our right cholesterol level as well as enhancing our cardio-metabolic activities. In this article, we will discuss various keto vegan recipes as well as essential questions about keto vegan dieting. Stay tuned!
What is a keto diet?
Ketogenic diets are foods with high-fat contents, and these fat bombs are similar to energy bars. Still, they have high-fat but low carb in addition to a considerable amount of protein. Therefore, they are an excellent option to consume as they do not alter or interfere with ketogenesis (The fat-burning process). When you place yourself on a keto diet, you aim to attain ketosis, a process where your body begins to burn fat instead of glucose. To achieve this, you need to consume foods that have high-fat content, and often, people engage in taking high-fat animal products. However, some of you are probably wondering, “I am a vegan, how do I attain ketosis without taking high-fat animal products?” yes! Vegetarians (plant consuming people) can burn fat by following a vegan keto diet plan.
Joining the 28-day guided Keto challenge during which you could easily lose 15Ibs (just 3.75 Ibs a week)
The Vegan Keto Transition
If you feel a vegan diet is too restrictive, give a vegan keto diet a try. It might just work for you, with the only difference being that you can still consume eggs and dairy products on a vegetarian keto diet. Interestingly, it is also possible to vegan while you are on a keto diet. The first thing you need to do is to stop the consumption of all animal products, then follow a basic food pattern of what you should eat and what you shouldn’t eat.
Here are a few rules guiding a keto vegan diet:
- Stop the consumption of all animal products.
- Increase your consumption of leafy greens and low-carb vegetables
- Make sure you consume only plant-based proteins like tofu.
- Avoid taking processed foods.
- Limit your sugar consumption
- Reduce your intake of carbs to about 35 grams per day
- Consume more of high-fat vegan products such as seeds, avocadoes, nut butter, cashew cheese, olive and coconut oil, and many more.
Here is a list of low-carb vegetables that you can eat as a vegetarian:
- Bell peppers
Keto Vegan Recipes; Health and Nutritional Values
Now that we have discussed the basics of keto vegan diet, this article will be grossly incomplete if we do not talk about the vegan keto recipes itself. We have compiled a list of keto vegan recipes that will blow your mind off, detailed the health and nutritional value of each of these recipes, and expect you to try them at your convenience.
Quinoa and kale Salad
The kale and quinoa salad is a good keto vegan food that majorly contains kale and Quinoa. It also contains other ingredients like herbs and nuts. This salad can be served as a main meal and as a side dish, depending on how you want it. Kale contains several beneficial compounds and nutrients. On the other hand, Quinoa possesses all the nine essential amino acids in sufficient amount and is gluten-free.
Furthermore, this recipe will give you a tasty treat and help you burn more fat and keep you healthy.
- Powerful Anti-oxidant
The dish is an excellent source of anti-oxidant, especially the kale. The anti-oxidant enhance your heart health and keeps your blood pressure low.
- Weight loss
Quinoa and kale, the two primary ingredients of this meal possess substances that can enhance your metabolic activities and reduce your appetite. Therefore, they can be used to boost weight loss. They are rich in protein and fiber. Protein increases the rate of metabolic activities while fiber increases your feeling of fullness, making you eat a lower amount of calories altogether.
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
Mashed Cauliflower is a very nutritious meal to have for breakfast. It is an excellent source of anti-oxidant and phytonutrients that reduces the risk of cancer. Cauliflower contains a high level of fiber which promotes digestion and weight loss.
- Highly rich in nutrient.
- A rich source of fiber.
- It contains choline which is a very an essential compound in the maintainance of the cell membrane’s integrity
- Good for brain development.
- It is good for weight loss
- It is an excellent source of antioxidants.
Vegan Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
The zucchini noodles recipe is excellent for keto vegetarian as it contains very low carb. This recipe only takes about 15 minutes to get cooked, it is easy to make, delicious and above all very nutritious and healthy especially for people on vegan keto diet.
- This recipe contains abundance of phytonutrients
- It contains lutein and zeaxanthin which are important for good eye health
- Also, it contains cryptoxanthin ans beta-carotene which are converted into vitamin A
Another low carb vegan keto meal is the paleo oatmeal. This recipe replaces the use of oats for chia seeds. The chia seeds are used to create chia puddings which plays a major role in the carb reduction level of this meal. However, you could add almond milk to this recipe to make it more tasty.
- This recipe is rich in anti-oxidants
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Prevents ageing
- Chia seeds are high in fiber and protein
- This recipe is highly packed with vitamins and minerals which is good for the body
- Helps regulate the blood sugar level
Other excellent keto Vegan recipes are:
- Keto low-carb crackers
- Avocado tomato arugula salad
- Broccoli fried rice
- Dairy free basil pesto
- Curried tofu scramble
- Berry cauliflower and greens smoothie bowl with no bananas
Do you want to lose weight but can’t seem to create a long-lasting change?
Have you read books and articles and watched videos on how to follow a keto diet, but aren’t sure how to put all the pieces together?
Or do you know how to follow a keto diet, but struggle with following through due to a lack of structure?
I get it!
While it sounds simple to follow and succeed on a keto diet, it’s not easy. It takes effort, it takes grit, and it takes preparation.
That’s why I’ve introduced a custom meal plan service.
As you’d expect, this isn’t your run-of-the-mill “here are some recipes brought together from random blogs” meal plan many nutrition ‘gurus’ sell for way too much money.
Instead, they’ll provide you with all the tools you need to reach your ideal body weight and health goals in an effective, convenient, cost-efficient, and enjoyable manner.
- An eight-week meal plan created based on the expertise of certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and chefs.
- Meals that have calorie and macronutrient content tailored to your specific situation and goals.
- A nutrition plan with food variety to ensure you’ll get a wide range of nutrients and boost the likelihood you’ll stick to your diet.
- Meals that are based on your food preferences to make your diet enjoyable and help you stay on track with your plan.
- Detailed recipes with step-by-step instructions to make meal preparation super simple (no prior cooking experience needed).
- A downloadable shopping list each week that details every needed ingredient you’ll need the upcoming seven days.
- Options on how you can customize every meal even more to suit your taste buds.
In other words, we’ve done everything we can to design an effective, convenient, and enjoyable meal plan to help you reach your health and figure goals.
Click here now to get your Custom Keto Meal plan
Conclusively, staying healthy and eating right is not far fetched and not as expensive as most people think. Are you tired of junks and meals that put you at risk of having health issues, then keto vegan diet is the answer you have been searhing for, as the saying goes you don’t know what you are missing until you have tried it.